Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

"Frog Hospital's" Fred Owens And "Pax" Discuss The Press, Storytelling, Opinion And Truth

Image result for asimov quotes ignorance pax on both houses

Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics - And Devious Donald

"There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

David Cay Johnston: "Trump Is Not A Loyal American... There Is A Traitor In The White House"
http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2018/07/david-cay-johnston-trump-is-not-loyal.html 

Image result for h.g. wells increasingly education and catastrophe, pax on both houses
Alex MacLeod was the managing editor of the Seattle Times in the 1990s. He used to love reading the stories I sent him and we had a lively correspondence. But he would never publish my stories, they wouldn't fit, he said. This drove me nuts. I stopped sending him stories.... And that is what I mean by J-school thinking in the mainstream media. I just can't do it. I cannot squeeze myself into the format..... Well, I am going on vacation starting Friday so this venting will end at that point.
Comments
TLD Modern social media has not helped the signal to noise ratio, but it certainly has enabled the unconventional to get published. You no longer need worry about being a J-school conformist. Have a great vacation. 
Manage


LikeShow more reactions
Reply2h
Fred Owens Social media means working for free.. I used to work for small papers and take photos of cute babies and puppies among other duties. I actually got paid to do that, but those jobs evaporated. Oh, it's not over. There is a path for the man who can tell a good story, out there somewhere.
Manage


LikeShow more reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment