Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

"Frog Hospital" and "Pax" On The Relationship Between Wisdom-Kindness And Making Mistakes

Image result for mistakes
Dear Fred,

I just stumbled on your correspondence from November, 2011, and I am struck by your insight concerning God's kindness, wisdom and the relationship between these qualities and "letting us make mistakes."

What's God got to do with it?

I don't agree with this opinion.  I don't know if we trust God, but I think He trusts us. Maybe God has the kindness and wisdom to let us make our own mistakes.

***

I will note that the pursuit of science is mostly the process of determining by putting "things" to the test what does not "work."

We get at the truth by probing what's false.

Even St. Paul -- who, like all of us, could be a jerk -- said "test everything: hold fast what is good."

I hope your Christmas was happy and that The Spirit lasts through twelfth night.

Pax

Alan

PS My original reply to your "What's God Got To Do With It" was posted at http://paxonbothhouses.blogspot.com/2011/11/obsolescence-of-god-good-religion-and.html



No comments:

Post a Comment