Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Admit It: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Stinks -- And Here's Why

Haven't we seen this movie before? Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) run for their lives 
in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

Admit it: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' stinks -- and here's why. 


Michael Hiltzik, Los Angeles Times
Excerpt: "Watching "The Force Awakens," I felt as though I was being shown a trailer for the next four movies in the series. Except that trailers aren't normally two hours long and you don't have to pay $12.50 to see them." 
Dear C,
Although I enjoyed parts of The Force Awakens, basically I could not bring myself to confess overall disappointment as it would have rained on your (and G's) parade.

¿Para qué?
Even now I can not get very animated over my "failure to resonate" but am nevertheless glad Hiltzik took time to taxonomize "the elephant in the room."
I differ from Hiltzik's view in but one particular: I think "Avatar" was a very good movie which, in addition to clamping my attention from start-to-finish, had the courage to challenge America's slavish adulation of "the military" -- specifically the United States Marine Corps. 

You know...



I first saw this decal on the bumper of very devout Christian fundamentalist friends.
Only one other recent movie has been equally critical of "the military," the excellent 2010 rollick, "How To Train Your Dragon." http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1194522-how_to_train_your_dragon/  ///  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892769/
If you're feeling better tomorrow --- and still like the idea of seeing a movie --- I would love to! 
I am happy to follow your lead.
But it might be fun, especially after your visit with the Sanchez side of the family, to see "McFarland, USA."
Pax tecum
Alan
PS Or, if you can handle the high anxiety of "green linen" we might also watch:


1 comment:

  1. I was looking to have a great article on this topic. This one is best for me. Keep more articles uploaded soon. Now it's time to avail diy shutters birmingham for more information.

    ReplyDelete