Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Three Reasons Why I Am A Democrat

Three Reasons Why I Am A Democrat. 

1.  
I believe we should extend the franchise to felons and fools. If you have served your sentence, then you get to vote. You may be an uninformed incompetent lazy good-for-nothing, but your vote is as good as mine. I believe it should be difficult NOT to be registered to vote. I oppose all voter identification laws. That makes me a Democrat.

2.  I believe in the forgiveness debts. I heard that someplace in a prayer --  to forgive and ask to be forgiven. That applies to financial errors as well as other matters. There's a lot of bad debt out there -- housing loans and student loans that will never be made whole, not in a million years. It takes two fools to make a bad loan. If either the debtor or the creditor had said no it wouldn't have happened. Forgive the bad debts and start the game over again. That makes me a Democrat.

3. And I don't just believe, I know, that Harry Truman was a much better President than Dwight Eisenhower. They both came from humble roots in farm country in the Midwest. Eisenhower rose to lofty heights, but Truman never forgot where he came from. And that makes me a Democrat.

Excerpted from Fred Owens' "Frog Hospital" - 
http://froghospital911.blogspot.com/

Fred Owens cell: 360-739-0214

My blog is Fred Owens


Fred Owens
7922 Santa Ana Rd
Ventura CA 93001



***

Fred, I do not feel as passionately as you about Truman's superiority to Eisenhower, in large part because Ike's "Farewell Address" comprised the most courageous words ever spoken from The Oval Office. He fingered The Enemy, and mostly "s/he was us." With Citizens United in the saddle, Ike's "chickens" are coming home to roost.





No comments:

Post a Comment